WC Map 2015

WC Map 2015
O̶c̶e̶a̶n̶i̶a̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶i̶g̶n̶i̶a̶'̶s̶ ̶A̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶W̶o̶r̶l̶d̶ ̶C̶r̶u̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶M̶a̶p̶ ̶2̶0̶1̶5̶ Or not...

Monday, October 19, 2015

Day 18 still docked in Caudebec en Caux

Monday, October 19, 2015


I still had a fever when I woke up at 5:30am. I went through the shower and dressing and even went to breakfast where I decided I could not get through the 4 hours on the bus today, much less a restaurant lunch and the rest of the sightseeing. I missed the D-Day beaches and American cemetery. I would have liked to see them. Normandy has been perhaps the first place since Egypt that we’ve seen local people thank American people in person for what our country had done for theirs. I can understand why but still. I know Clay was looking forward to this day more than me anyway. He has a thing for visiting battlefields that I don’t have.

I don’t know why, but we’ve only had about 15 minutes of Internet access since we arrived at Caudebec en Caux. I don’t know why that would improve when we sail again but hopefully it will. I have no idea which way this river flows. I know that the Seine should flow towards the English Channel and I know from the sun and moon that my cabin window faces south. So I also know where east and west are. The Seine has flowed past my window in both directions since we arrived. Today as I ate lunch and did crossword puzzles by my window I watched it change directions! I know that is the tidal bore but still it is confusing, or maybe that is just the fever talking. I have high expectations to visit Giverny and Monet’s Garden tomorrow!

My fever broke 3 hours ago, but now is back over 99F again. I don’t feel feverish right now though. It is after 6pm. We were scheduled to have a port talk at 6:15pm but I guess until everyone gets back onboard that won’t happen. Clay isn’t back yet so I assume the others aren’t either. Tonight is Pirate’s Dinner. We’ll see how they do it on Diamond vs. Silver II. This evening after dinner is the raffle drawing. They have been selling raffle tickets in the onboard shop, known as the bord shop. I have no idea what they are raffling. Silver II did not do a raffle. We have Internet so I am going to try to publish this now.